When Doctor Strange hit the big screen back in 2016, people could not wait for the second part to come. However, it seems like everyone might have to wait a bit longer as Benedict Cumberbatch says that there are no plans for a second instalment of the movie to come anytime soon.
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Benedict sat down and spoke about the recent trailer of ‘Avengers: Infinity War,’ which also happens to feature quite a bit of Dr. Stephen Strange and hinted that he had no clue of when can one expect the second part of his Marvel movie to hit the screen.
“Not at the moment, no,” Cumberbatch said when asked when he might be shooting Doctor Strange 2.
“The masterplan is continually in flux, so it would be out of order for me to speculate.”
In the past, there have been hints that a sequel to the movie will soon arrive but keeping in mind that it has almost been two years since we first saw the marvelous powers of Dr. Strange, one seem to think when will he be returning to the screen to wow us with his powers.
Previously, Kevin Feige, the man in charge of Marvel Studios, had indicated that Doctor Strange 2 would be part of Marvel’s Phase 4 plans suggesting that there is a lot more story to tell about Strange but it would be a long wait until people see him on the screen.
Director Scott Derrickson had also indicated that the sequel of the movie is sure to come but all the fans will have to wait a bit longer. As of now, Doctor Strange along with Black Panther 2 is in the process but no one knows when would they be coming out. However, people can get a glimpse of Benedict in the role for Strange in Avengers which is going to hit the big screen on April 27.
At the same time, Benedict also appeared briefly, but memorably, in ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ and will be in Avengers 4 as well. One could say that we will have to satisfy our desire of seeing Doctor Strange by watching his cameo in other Marvel movies. Let’s hope that the movie comes out soon.